The world of pickleball has experienced a significant surge in popularity over the past few years and pickleball machines have come along for the ride. As players continue to look for ways to refine their skills and gain a competitive edge, advanced training tools like the Spinshot Pickleball Machine have come to the forefront. If you’re considering adding this machine to your training regimen so you can practice pickleball alone, here’s a comprehensive look at what it offers.
Listen to an audio version of this post below.
Spinshot Pickleball Machine Boasts a Compact and Portable Design
One of the standout features of the Spinshot Pickleball Machine is its compact size. With dimensions of Height 20″, Width 12″, and Length 18″, it’s designed to fit seamlessly into most spaces. The machine boasts an extendable handle and trolley wheels, ensuring it’s easy to transport from one place to another. It fits neatly into a standard car trunk or can ride shotgun; seatbelt optional.
Customizable Drills With Drill Maker App
The Spinshot Pickleball Machine is not just about sending balls your way. It offers 12 popular pickleball drills to help you practice different shots and strategies. And if you’re looking for something tailored to your skill level, the Drill Maker app allows you to customize drills. From a beginner trying to get the hang of the basics to an advanced player refining intricate shots, this machine has got you covered.
Looking to drill by yourself with a cheaper pickleball machine? Check out Pickleball Rookie’s thoughts on the Sports Tutor Multi-Twist.
Power and Battery Configurations
One of the key considerations for any electronic training tool is its power source. The Spinshot Pickleball Machine offers four options:
- Internal Battery: This is housed within the machine and provides 2-3 hours of uninterrupted use.
- External Battery: Ideal if you’re planning extended training sessions as it sits outside the machine in a carry bag.
- Main Power: If you have access to a power source near your court, this option offers unlimited playtime.
- Hybrid – Mains & Battery: A versatile choice, allowing you to switch between main power and battery as needed.
Remote Watch – Control at Your Fingertips
An additional feature that stands out is the option to add a Remote Watch. This accessory provides a convenient way to control the machine, adjusting settings without needing to approach the unit. If you opt not to get the Remote Watch, you can still control the machine via the free Drill Maker app available for both iPhone and Android devices.
Specifications at a Glance
- Ball Capacity: 85 pickleballs (Recommended: Franklin x-40 outdoor balls)
- Speed Range: 10 – 60 mph
- Weight: 41lb (excluding battery)
- Ball Feed Range: 1 – 10 seconds between balls
- Maximum Trajectory: 60 degrees
- Oscillations: Both vertical and horizontal
- Remote Control: Drill Maker app and optional Remote Watch
Spinshot Pickleball Machine Reviews
The Spinshot Pickleball Machine has received an average rating of 4.71 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Customers have praised its robust build, the convenience of the Drill Maker app, and the variety of drills it offers. A few users mentioned slight deviations in ball trajectory, but as pickleball players know, there could be many reasons for that, such as climate, wind, and even the pickleball ball.
What Is Included With a Spinshot Pickleball Machine?
When you invest in the Spinshot Pickleball Machine, you’ll receive:
- The ball machine itself
- A charger
- A battery (shipped separately)
- A user manual
- Tools for battery installation
Note: You’ll need to purchase balls separately.
Spinshot Warranty and Customer Support
Spinshot offers a 2-year warranty on the machine, ensuring it remains free from material and quality defects. Batteries purchased directly from Spinshot come with a 3-month warranty. If you have questions or need assistance, their customer support can be reached at 800-986-4598 for sales and 800-306-0556 for after-sales service.
Want to Buy a Spinshot Pickleball Machine Used?
- Check the condition – Examine it closely for any cracks, dents or damage. Make sure the wheels and handle are in good working order.
- Test functionality – Have the seller demonstrate the machine in action. Make sure it feeds balls consistently and can reach the full range of speeds, oscillation, and trajectory.
- Ask about usage – Inquire how frequently it was used, for how long, and by how many people. Lighter usage will mean less wear.
- Confirm contents – It should come with the charger, remote/app if purchased, extra wheels, and user manual. Make sure batteries are included.
- Check battery health – Ask how long it holds a charge. Poor battery life is a common issue with used machines. Plan to replace batteries.
- Look into warranty – Some warranty may transfer, but expect that it has likely expired if not new.
- Negotiate price – Used models should sell for 40-60% off retail price. Factor in need for batteries.
- Look for deals – Check for used machines being sold with accessories or drill packages included.
- Test before buying – Never purchase a used pickleball machine without testing it first.
- Buy from reputable sources – Pickleball forums, Play It Again Sports stores, or direct from original owner.
With proper inspection and testing, you can score a quality used Spinshot pickleball machine for an affordable price. Just be diligent in checking condition and performance before purchasing.
The Final Point
The Spinshot Pickleball Machine is more than just a ball launcher; it’s a comprehensive training tool. Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned pro, this machine can be an invaluable addition to your practice sessions, helping you improve your game and enjoy the sport even more. If you’re serious about pickleball and want a reliable and feature-rich training companion, the Spinshot Pickleball Machine is worth considering.
This post includes affiliate marketing links which may earn the publisher a small commission.